[aprssig] RADAR Paint

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 8 15:26:00 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Andrew Rich wrote:

> I want to draw a line form a set lat/lon and in an known direction and for a
> set length.
>
> What is the most appropriate APRS packet type to do this and can I have an
> example please ?

The only ones I know of to draw a line would be the DF objects (2
lines, not 1) and the Area Objects.  Area objects have two types of
lines you can draw but you may not be able to specify the length
down to the resolution you require.  Worth trying though.

Xastir can draw these for you.  Oh yea, the DF objects don't allow
you to set the length either, so they're out.

Another method might be to create a small object, send it's
position, then zip it off to a new location and use the station
track as your line.