[aprssig] Wanted: tone-based reset module schematics

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Feb 7 10:09:31 EST 2006

I can see that you'd want to know when or how often it resets... so when
you design around your failsafe... when the 555 timer times out and
asserts the reset, have it assert the reset for 5 seconds, and during
that time, have it play a 1khz tone and key the PTT.  When you hear the
5 second beep on air, you know it has reset.  Not that anyone actually
listens to packet channels for extended periods.  Alought I sometimes
decode psk31 by ear for fun... lol.

Seriously, another way to keep tabs on resets would be to get an electro
mechanical counter (one pulse per count) and hook that to your reset
line.  Then when you visit the site you can see how many times it reset
since your last visit.

Wes