[aprssig] Cell phone and Pager alerts

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon Feb 6 23:48:35 EST 2006

> Well, I guess I see Emergency Response and the
> emergency response environment as a priority topic
> for APRS since that is what APRS was designed for.

We need a plan.

If I'm driving along and see Mt Rainier pop his top - or something
similar - how would I use ( APRS-application / D7-D700 / Dumb tracker )
to let fellow hams and the world know that happened?

Likewise, I'm driving along at night and Mt Rainier pops, how would my (
APRS-application / D7-D700 / Dumb tracker) warn me of what happened and
keep me from driving right into a molten lava flow.

What's the plan?

73
Bill - WA7NWP