[aprssig] digipeater query

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Sat Feb 4 11:01:46 EST 2006

On Feb 3, 2006, at 10:26 PM, w0ep wrote:

> Any comments?

I had consistently bad luck with any sound card interface (decoded
maybe 1 packet out of 1000) until I found a web page that said you
should use a 1:1 transformer for "data" port audio output, but you
should use a 1000:8 transformer for feeding speaker output to a sound
card interface.  After I picked up one of these at Radio Shack I
immediately started decoding packets nearly as well as my D7.  This
probably isn't your problem, but if you're thinking about buying a
new transformer it's something to think about.

http://www.patmedia.net/ralphmilnes/soundcardpacket/1cablerx.htm

-Jason
kg4wsv