[aprssig] Star Wars..

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Feb 1 12:58:52 EST 2006

Eric AA3JY wrote on Feb 1 2006

> Now..does this sound familiar..?
> Star Wars Speed Trap
> GPS being used to catch speeders

Doesn't really have anything to do with APRS.

> Some might welcome a world  in which driving faster than
> whatever the speed limit happens to be is  impossibility.
> But it might be more common-sensical to post realistic
> speed  limits -- and deal with the handful of drivers
> who won't or can't drive  reasonably -- than to treat every
> driver on the road like the irresponsible  one.

I would think that ALL would welcome a world where being on the
roads is safer than it is now. I think that while the driver is still
in control of the vehicle (not fully automated) "sensible speed
limits" is the answer, but if it's going to become automated, then it
doesn't really matter what the limit is if everyone is doing exactly
the same speed. Still nothing to do with APRS though.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH