[aprssig] Re: power poles (oh noooo)

Mark Fellhauer sparkfel at qwest.net
Fri Dec 29 12:23:14 EST 2006

At 06:46 AM 12/29/2006, Rick Green wrote:

>  Well, "The Andersons" sells lumber as well as about everything else, in
> Maumee, OH.  That's a little bit inland from lake Erie, so they deal
> mostly with the farm trade rather than sailors.

I love their stores.  They use to have a few in Indiana, too.   Although I
now live on the left coast...  I can't think of a place around here where
you can buy a giant socket wrench, 5 gallon pails of red barn paint, and
pick up some gourmet cheese and a bottle of Mouton Rothschild, all in one
stop.  Worth the trip if you're ever in NW Ohio.

As for sailors, the Anderson's is responsible for shipping grain and plant
nutrients worldwide (by ship) from their port terminal in Toledo.   They
also have their own railroad.

My family has been in the Feed and Seed business in NW Ohio, since
1888.   Not nearly as successful as the Anderson's, though.

There is also a Utah based company, Anderson Lumber, I think they help
finance some of the PBS home fix-up shows.

73,

Mark