[aprssig] D700 in cold weather?

Ken Patterson kenp at etex.net
Wed Dec 27 16:25:15 EST 2006

For an exhaustive discussion of the D700 fan noise issue, I would recommend
visiting the Yahoo TMD700A discussion group.

Simply put, there are issues with the D700 fan being noisy, regardless of
the temperature. My D700 is an example. It has been noisy at any temp since
the first day of use, several years ago. In temps below 32F, it makes even
more noise than at 72F. I'm not sure it would even spin at -5F.

The usual disclaimer of "Your Mileage May Vary" applies.

de Ken,
N5EQT