[aprssig] D700 in cold weather?

Bob Burns K4RXR k4rxr_ at rlburns.net
Mon Dec 25 08:33:21 EST 2006

At 10:23 PM 12/24/2006, Joel Maslak wrote:
>Does anyone have D700 in cold weather experiences?

I have a D700 that is now entering its 4th Central Indiana winter in
the mobile.

As others have stated, the fan is not thermostatically controlled,
but is controlled by a simple off-delay timer that is activated
whenever the PTT is keyed.

I noticed a couple of months ago that my fan was making noise
whenever the radio was first keyed after sitting in a cold vehicle
for several hours. After the fan runs a while and/or the vehicle
heater starts making the interior a little warmer, the noise is reduced.

Sounds to me like it's time to replace my fan.

Bob...