[aprssig] 9600 baud TX equalization

Ian ZL1VFO zl1vfo at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 22 17:25:15 EST 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:22:41 -0800
> From: "Scott Miller" <scott at opentrac.org>

> I was just reading over the original docs on the G3RUH modem yesterday, and
> I noticed that it makes a big deal of transmit equalization.  Several
> different waveforms were provided to compensate for frequency and phase
> response in the transmitter.  In reading the manual for the KPC-9612+, I
> only see an option for RX equalization.  What's the deal?  Are modern radios
> consistent enough in their frequency and phase response to not require
> adjustment on the TX side?

> Scott
> N1VG

Most radios I'm aware of you have to connect deep inside to the
modulator and demodulator circuits, so hopefully at that point the
phase & frequency response shouldn't be too mangled, and should
(hopefully) be reasonably consistant (allowing for levels, of course).

Anyway, where did you find the docs on the G3RUH modem? - I wouldn't
mind having a read of them sometime...

73,
Ian ZL1VFO