[aprssig] RAFT first 2 passes status:

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Dec 20 23:39:23 EST 2006

RAFT STATUS:

RAFT is operational for over 2.5 hours and telemetry shows the
system operational with battery voltages slowly charging up.
The first pass showed volts halfway through eclipse at 7.3, but
the second pass showed volts further into eclipse gaining at 7.8
volts.  Full charge is 8.4 volts.

Telemetry shows we are getting a low-power shut down before the
end of eclipse since the telemetry counter is re-starting at the
start of the sunny side.  We expect voltage to continue to
improve and so are doing no commanding at this point.

Temperatures were about 0 deg C on the first pass, but improving
to about 2 deg C on the second pass.

Signals require a good oscar array, and we could use some
Additonal telemetry.  Just send anything you get. Thanks

Web page: http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ande-raft-ops.html

Bob Bruninga
US Naval Academy Satellite Lab