[aprssig] Cheaper source of barrel connectors?

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Sun Dec 17 23:20:52 EST 2006

I'm building a portable APRS digi/tracker.  I'm trying to find a UHF
F to UHF F, through-panel, connector.

Something like the Amp 83-1F, although not quite as long (I only have
to go through sheet metal) ideally, and definitely not $21.33 a
connector (current Mouser price)!!!  It needs to be mechanically
fairly strong.  (I.E. I fully expect this side-mounted connector to
be banged and pushed around).

Data sheet for the 83-1F:
http://drawings.amphenolrf.com/Customer%20Outline/C083-1F.pdf

I'll break down and get a solder cup socket or go to BNC connectors
if I have to and modify my initial plans, but I'd rather not if
someone knows of a cheaper way of doing what I want!