[aprssig] Mic muting

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sun Dec 17 21:57:40 EST 2006

> Does this problem exist with the EJ-41U?  I can't say I've had any
> negative experiences using the EJ41U for my Igate.  I have the
> original DR-135TP.

The problem exists even if NO TNC is installed.  Try it - turn the volume up
in data mode, and you'll get speaker pops when the squelch opens.  At least
you do on the Mk II.

> The only thing that really grinds my gears is that KISS mode is
> broken.  Last time I tried it, it broke the TNC until I reset it.

Yeah, seems to be a common complaint.  I've had KISS mode running on the T2
for months with no problems - works great with UI-View and Xastir, anyway.

Scott
N1VG