[aprssig] Mic muting

Ray McKnight shortsheep at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 17 20:46:43 EST 2006

The Kenwood TM-V7A, once a top end radio(about 7 yrs ago)
*does* have the data connector, but also does NOT mute
the mic audio line when the TNC keys the radio.  Very
frustrating and a stupid design flaw.  The radio also has
a hot "audio in", as one side of the receiver will listen
to the PLL tones on the 2nd side and cause the radio to
do all sorts of unpredictable things, like change freq,
etc.  For such an expensive radio, it seems little thought
was put into these things.  I won't be buying another
Kenwood in this lifetime.