[aprssig] backup pwr systems

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 9 10:32:16 EST 2006

Leaving a battery constantly plugged in to a charger will cook and kill the battery.  I have ruined more than one.  I don't suggest that course of action.  Having a battery available to connect to when mains go down is a better way to go.  Some circuits are available to show how to do this.  Some simple and some quite elaborate depending on how many raidos or scanners you have to take care of.

Chris
KB8UIH