[aprssig] Filter feeds

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 14:30:54 EDT 2006

Well, even without the -b/CW* in my filter string, I am still getting
position reports from everywhere!

My current filter is "filter t/n/ilx* t/mkx* b/K9KRW*/KB9YQX-1"

After all this time with the filter port, and not having this issue
until today, I just don't get why my string now causes this.. I got the
weather related messages, I didn't get the CW stations and I always saw
my friend in California wether he was driving around or just sitting at
home, :-) plus I used the f /k9krw*/50 to see the APRS activities around
him when he was driving up to Oregon.. Sometimes he is K9KRW-14, and
sometimes he is K9KRW-9, that's why the asterisk obviously..

Oh well, I know there was a change in how the software is now case
sensitive, and if that is not the reason I see all this activity now, I
guess I will have to revisit the filter.txt files and play around with
them. Again, until today, I've not seen this situation before..

Sorry I don't seem to be able to better explain the differences, I'll
just have to live with it and learn how to regain what I was happy with. :-)

Robbie