[aprssig] APRS messaging break out

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 15 17:28:38 EDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Andrew Rich wrote:

> What APRS clients allow me to "get at" the messaging part ?
>
> I would prefer LINUX - my back end will be mysql and php delivery.
>
> I am trying to put together a HQ for a ham radio event, with the messages
> being displayed on a refreshing web page (which gets its data from APRS
> messages)
>
> Ideas ? Does XASTIR let me at the message data in any way ?

Nope, but logging of all messaging is on our feature request list.
We have a dialog right now that shows all messaging:  We could tie
into that code and log everything that goes there to disk without
too much difficulty.

Of course we'd be happy to accept patches to do that and integrate
them into the main code body...

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer