[aprssig] OpenTracker 1x kits now available

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Mon Aug 14 02:32:22 EDT 2006

I've been selling the OT1x in assembled form for months, but I'm finally
offering it in kit form.  This kit includes the snap-together plastic case,
which accommodates locking connectors so your cables won't pull lose.

Compared to the normal OT1 kit, this version can provide more regulated 5
volt power for a GPS receiver, it has a jumper to select HT PTT mode so you
don't have to clip a resistor anymore, and the audio level has a high and
low range selectable by jumper.  So far I haven't encountered a radio that
won't work properly with one setting or the other.

The listing is at
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=45, and the
assembly manual and schematic are at
http://n1vg.net/opentracker/documentation.php.  The firmware is the same as
the regular OT1, and is covered by the OT1 manual.  See the Dayton flyer at
http://n1vg.net/opentracker/OpenTracker_flyer.pdf if you need a quick review
of OpenTracker features.

Also, I found some nice clamp-on ferrites that work great for speaker mic
connections and GPS cables - I've got them at
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=44.  They're
much nicer looking than the ones Radio Shack sells and they work well - I'm
finally able to keep the Igate transmitter in the garage out of my cheap PC
speakers.

Scott
N1VG