[aprssig] In car power solution for GPS 18

KENT HUFFORD khufford at comcast.net
Sat Aug 12 19:28:14 EDT 2006

I have a GPS18 (PC version) When I turn the car on, it finds the sats and
comes up in about 15 sec. The GPS is on the ACCESSORY line, so it has not
had any power to it.

Go to the GARMIN web site and look at the technical specs on the 18. It has
almanac backup for up to 6 MONTHS built in.

Something is not right with yours, unless the car has been moved a 1000
miles between times the GPS was last on.

There are a bunch of ROM flash upgrades on the GARMIN site for the 18 also.

Kent
KQ4KK