[aprssig] APRS web messaging

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 01:57:17 EDT 2006

If your going to start making cool APRS stuff on the web I would really
love to have something that I could set up certain criteria and have
the notifications sent to email addresses of my choice. For example I
would like to have geographic regions pre configured, sort of like the
filter string on the filtered aprs-is ports, a square made up by the
upper left hand and lower right hand lat long. I could make this square
any size I want and as many as I want. If I made a square around the
local Wal Mart parking lot then the criteria would be to send an email
to my wife's cell phone that says simply "N7ZMR-7 at Wal Mart" when my
D7A beaconed from within that box (maybe the lat long of the pos too?).
I could make another square that was as big as the county or even the
country and have it send only one email per x=time of my choice. So if
I started my tracker after I get off work then a notification would be
sent that I have started the tracker somewhere within my huge box and
the receiving person could go get on findu and see whats up. Additional
transmissions would be ignored until the time I chose expired. The
possibilities could be endless.