[aprssig] APRS web messaging

Stan - N0YXV n0yxv at gihams.org
Fri Aug 11 00:31:25 EDT 2006

Couldn't you just validate people that are ARRL members? In other words if
you have an @arrl.org email account you could send the authentication to the
ARRL email account for the call sign requesting authentication? So the
person requesting an authorization code types in his/her Call sign and then
is told to check their ARRL email address for the code. The system doesn't
even give you an option to use any other email address than your ARRL
assigned email account. I know, I know it would limit the users to ARRL
members only but it's simple and I can't see any down side...other than the
requirement to be an ARRL member. Somewhat like what Google does with Gmail.
With Gmail you have to have a Cell Phone with SMS messaging to receive the
authentication code.