[aprssig] APRS web messaging

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Aug 10 20:54:32 EDT 2006

I keep thinking about building a page like this.  I'm going to have to write
the services behind it at some point, anyway.  My biggest concern has been
avoiding unauthorized use.  How do you go about authenticating everyone,
without having some sort of labor-intensive signup process with a human
reviewing everything?

I figure you could have the system give a new user a code that must be sent
via RF into the network to authenticate themselves.  It'd be inconvenient
for the user if they're not set up for it or don't have a local IGate, but
it doesn't require intervention.

Scott
N1VG

  _____