[aprssig] Are there any mirror sites of Bob's .mil pages?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 8 08:51:23 EDT 2006

All of Bob's APRS pages are down.
The OS ate itself and we have people working rond the clock
to try to recover.  No end in sight...
Bob, Wb4APR

davidf4 at mindspring.com wrote:
> I want to point some of the folks that hang out on the D700 list with a copy
> of Bob's fix14439 document.
>
> Something changed over the weekend and now any attempt to get to those pages
> results in a 403 Permission Forbidden error message.  I suspect that the web
> server got upgraded and the permissions got messed up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
> KD7MYC

1)  The correct TLD (top level domain) for Bob's pages  *IS NOT*   .MIL  .

They have been .EDU for several years now.   There are some screwed-up
domain name servers either at the Naval Academy or it's ISP that still
resolve (some) of the pages to the .MIL address but the use of .MIL
should be discontinued.

The correct path to his pages starts at:
     http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html

or expressed as direct IP addressing:
     http://131.122.80.201/~bruninga/aprs.html

2)  I maintain a mirror (not always totally up to date) at:
      http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/~bruninga/index.htm

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com