[aprssig] New home needed for findU

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Aug 7 18:12:34 EDT 2006

On Aug 7, 2006, at 5:20 PM, James wrote:

> I do not know if you have looked into this, but I have been using
> www.GoDaddy.com for my site and 3 commercial sites that I maintain,
> they have never been down or offline for more then 15 min in the
> past 2 years and that has only happened 3 times.
>
> There prices blows everyone in the industry away, they do have a
> package that has 2000GB monthly bandwidth for 15 bucks a month
> {less when you sign up for 12 months.}
>
> I have oodles of pix and ham files and even mirror a few heavy duty
> pdf's, RAR and zip's from my site and haven't hit my limit yet, and
> I pay $3.50 a month.
>
> They have allot to offer.
> There even giving away a free .INFO url for new signups.
> There offices are located in Scottsdale, Arizona.

findU is a different beast. At those prices, your web site is one of
many hosted on a single machine. findU runs on a server that costs
about $7k, and the database load fully monopolizes that machine at
peak times. $15 a month would not even cover the electricity the
server uses, then there are the capital and bandwidth costs.

Steve K4HG