[aprssig] Replacing Lithium Battery in PK-900

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Thu Aug 3 23:08:52 EDT 2006

At 07:53 PM 8/3/2006 -0700, you wrote:
 >I checked my tnc battery, and found it to be ALMOST;
 >DEAD as a DOOR-Nail.
 >I removed it w/.45V;DC left in it
 >(I figure BETTER THAT; then have it LEAK (NO Thanks).
 >O.K....now; WHERE do I GET one of these &*%^#()++r's
 >?!
 >
 >WA4TKG; Matt; the {PaKRa}(TTown)
 >
 >...and how MUCH can I expect to pay for it ?

A few $. Interstate Batteries and others run retail store fronts.

They sell cam corder, model aircraft, etc., batteries.

They can spot-weld tabs on if you bring the original - usually, they can
duplicate what you have.

If it's a common button battery in a holder, many drug stores and camera or
watch shops will have them, for instance, CR2032 is a common one.

IF you have one soldered and heat shrink over it, use a pair of hemostats
on the lead. Unsolder one at a time, take to store with you. The hemostats
will prevent heat reaching the cell. LI does not like to be heated!