[aprssig] APRS in the National Parks

James kb7tbt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 23:20:52 EDT 2006

> We did drive though the Sunset Volcano and Wupatki Parks and ny cranking
> up
> the power to 50 W, got a decent trace.  For awhile APRS was my only means
> of
> communicating with civilization as I had the wrong tone code for a
> repeater
> that I could hear from time to time.

Just for a reference, in Arizona the common PL tones are 162.2 for 2m and
100.0 for 440.
This will cover over 75% of the machines in the state.

We are blessed with many mountain top machines so no matter if it is APRS or
voice you will have excellent coverage.

KB7TBT
http://www.kb7tbt.com
DM33

Google: What Starts In Beta Stays In Beta!