[aprssig] APRS in the National Parks

James kb7tbt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 16:10:13 EDT 2006

Bob,

As a yearly visitor to the Grand Canyon I can tell you that YES there is
coverage via APRS.

There are 2 digi's that cover the canyon, the main one is Navajo Mountain
Utah, it has 95%+ coverage.
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?n7xyr-1

The other is Mt. Elden in flagstaff, it has 20% coverage.
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?elden

I have met a few Hams via APRS at the canyon.

You can see the portable station I setup at the Canyon at
http://www.kb7tbt.com/pix/aprspix/

KB7TBT
http://www.kb7tbt.com
DM33

Google: What Starts In Beta Stays In Beta!