[aprssig] PCSAT2 Downlink/General Satellite Receive Question

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Sat Apr 29 15:14:29 EDT 2006

On 29 Apr 2006, at 18:16, Robert Bruninga wrote:

>> ...I'm not getting anything from 9k6.
>> ... My doppler correction  script only runs once
>> a second, should I increase the frequency of
>> that to maybe 0.5/0.25 a second?
>
> Depends on your radio,

Darn it, I always forget to mention something. The radio is an FT-847.

> but some radios when they
> tune, introject a phase discontinuity in the received
> audio which will screw up reception of any packets.
> I would think that setting Doppler correction to once
> every 10 seconds would be better.
Even for 9K6 on UHF?  I'll try increasing the time on a pass this
evening if I can get back into the shack.

I'm seriously thinking of moving the whole lot up into the attic,
server, radio, modems the lot.  Though then I would be without a
radio in the shack, hmm might look out for something else suitable
second hand.

Thanks for the reply,

Regards
de John