[aprssig] Garmin GPS-18 power saving.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Apr 28 16:05:10 EDT 2006

We are going to use the cigarettte lighter regulator
because it is an efficient constant power switching
regulator and it comes with it.  That gets the most
out of our Lantern Batteries that will go from 12 down
to 6 volts before end of mission.   Bob

>>> scott at opentrac.org 04/28/06 2:45 PM >>>
The cigarette lighter plug?  I'd just skip it and build a 5-volt supply
myself.  The LVC model doesn't come with any regulator at all.

Don't forget the SNSRCFG utility - you can set some parameters there that
might save some more power.

Scott
N1VG