[aprssig] garmin gps and compass heading

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Apr 28 14:40:45 EDT 2006

Look for an $HCHDG output... not sure what models support it.

I was working on an idea for paintball player tracking that'd have magnetic
compass units on each gun, plus a vibration sensor, so you could record the
time, position, and direction of each shot.  With a Zigbee setup you could
show players moving and shooting on a screen in real time.  Not a big deal
for most commercial fields where everyone's in plain sight, but most people
around here play 'woods ball', where the playing area might be 10 acres of
woods and hills.  Doesn't work too well for spectators.

Scott
N1VG

  _____