[aprssig] How does this work then?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Apr 26 12:18:49 EDT 2006

Steve K4HG wrote...

re ct1exe-l / CT1EXE-L

> These two objects always follow one another, so the second is the
> one findU sees.
>
> findU ignores case, I'm guessing UI-View does not and sees these
> as two separate objects.

I just created two objects in UI-View32 named "test" and "TEST" and
UI-View was happy with them being two separate objects. I'll leave them
bobbing around off the west coast of Canada for a while.

Per the UI-View help:

Identifier - the name you wish to give the object (up to nine characters).
PLEASE NOTE - From V1.90 onwards, UI-View32 complies with the APRS spec
requirement that "Object names are case-sensitive". Previous versions did
not comply, because  I think the spec has got it wrong! In the real world,
most people would regard the "ambulance" and the "Ambulance" as being the
same thing, but in the world of the APRS spec they are different objects.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH