[aprssig] aprsd confusion

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Mon Apr 24 18:36:00 EDT 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, John Habbinga wrote:

> The I-Gate in my town used to be aprsd.  It always corrupted MIC-E packets.
> I recall that it would turn the Kenwood W into a DF triangle.
>
> On 4/23/06, Gerhard F5VAG <f5vag at nerim.net> wrote:
> >
> > You are gating corrupted Mic-E to the APRS-IS:
> > http://france.aprs2.net:8080/php/bad_mice_find.php?call=VK4TEC

  not always aprsd.... mine was reported bad also.

    Seems that when I am monitoring the packets via straight terminal
over the air (not using aprsd), I see the same packets that are reported
as being bad. So I'm thinking TNC possibly... haven't heard a reponse on
the sig about that yet. Maybe something that is miss configured in one of
the digi's perhaps. I am running two 9.1's and one 8.3 (Kantronics).

   So my aprsd is picking up exactly what is heard over the air. They
appear to be Kenwoods from what I can tell.

--
...DOUG
KD4MOJ