[aprssig] aprsd confusion

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 24 12:04:43 EDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> aprsd (the sourceforge.net version) still corrupts mic-e packets by
> removing unprintable caracters, if mic-e conversion is off. These are
> two separate issues, corruption and conversion.

How hard is it to fix it in the SourceForge version?

Mic-E conversion should default to off and strong wording should be
put in the docs and the config files to warn about turning it on, or
else the option should be removed.

The corruption issue should be fixed, most likely already has been
fixed in other non-SourceForge versions of APRSD code.

There are five developers listed there, all of which whose names I
recognize.  One of them can fix it or _anyone else_ can submit
patches to them to get it fixed up.  These are both serious enough
they should be done.

Perhaps people are running other versions of APRSD these days,
maintained by someone else?