[aprssig] aprsd confusion

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Apr 22 03:02:57 EDT 2006

I am trying to use aprsd as an RF to INET only system

It is working well.

The only thing is, it seems to let in "ALL" the traffic from the INET
server.

How can I configure aprsd to just let me "send" to the net and not have to
"listen" to all the inet trafffic hitting my linux box ?

#Server connection definitions
#
#usage: <Server> <host name> < host port> <TYPE-DIR> <optional OmniPort
filter command>
#
#The TYPE-DIR field sets the connecton type and data flow.
# TYPE is  either "SERVER" or "HUB"
#  SERVER connections attempts to maintain a connection to the designated
host
#  HUB connections maintain a connection to only ONE hub and rotate to the
next
#  if the connectin fails.
# DIR is either "RO" or "SR"  RO is Receive Only. SR is Send and Receive.
#Eamples: HUB-RO   HUB-SR  SERVER-RO SERVER-SR
# If you select -SR to send data you must also supply a passcode
# using the "PASS" command. See above.
#
#These commands are NOT case sensitive.
# ** Defaults to Server-RO if TYPE-DIR not specified. **
#
#
#Example send-receive  HUB connections
#Hub is like Server except only ONE hub connection is active at a time.
#If the hub connection fails the next hub is tried in rotation until one
accepts a connection.
#
Server second.aprs.net 23 hub-sr
Server first.aprs.net 23 hub-sr
Server third.aprs.net 23 hub-sr
#
#
#Example Receive-Only HUB connecton
#Server first.aprs.net 23 hub-ro
#
#Example Send-Receive SERVER connection.  The SERVER type maintains a
connection to
#the specified server.  No rotation.
#Server first.aprs.net 23 server-sr
#
#Example of OmniPort connection to receive the local stream (tnc).
#Note: OmniPort is currently available only on aprsd 2.1.5
#
#Server atlanta.aprs.net 14600 server-ro portfilter(local)
#
#Receive the full stream.
#Server atlanta.aprs.net 14600 server-ro portfilter(full)
Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net
web: http://www.tech-software.net