[aprssig] FINDU cgi's, geos, and tracks

apratt at bestbits.org apratt at bestbits.org
Fri Apr 21 20:45:44 EDT 2006

> Take a look at www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi [...]
> More like "dots" than a track, but...

Earlier in the thread I noted that I'd seen this, but wanted to
combine the tracks/breadcrumbs with Google Maps.

The maps on aprsworld are the same as you get from findu. No surprise:
findu is getting its maps from aprsworld!

I might just take up the challenge. I don't have CGI experience, but I
think I can write a program that runs at home to pull data from findu
and write a page to my own web site that will drop historic data as
markers. (In keeping with findu's policy, I would only do this as
requested by a person, not automatically. That is, until I work out
how to connect to a live APRS-IS feed.)

-- Allan