[aprssig] FINDU cgi's, geos, and tracks

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Apr 21 14:45:01 EDT 2006

Allan  (callsign?) wrote...

> Finally, a question regarding tracks. Currently I seem to have two
> choices: non-interactive images like the one from line.cgi if I want
> to see the history, or Google Maps if I only want to see the position.
> Is there a way to feed the historic positions in to Google Maps as
> breadcrumbs (or even a connected line), so I can get the best of both
> worlds?

Not quite what you are thinking of (viewing it in a web browser) but if you
were running UI-View and installed the add-on "FindU Log Converter" it could
grab a log file from findu.com and save it on your HD. You can then play it
back in UI-View. If you have either of the add-ons UI-Route  or
UI-HeightTrack, it would draw the track on the screen when you played back
the log. You could of course also have it draw a track in real time for a
station heard via RF or from data received from an APRS server.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH