[aprssig] Winaprs and Precision Mapping

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 18 19:50:12 EDT 2006

Mark,
I don't mean to put you on the spot but I am going to
unfortunately.  In order to adequately store a states
worth of data for Tiger maps such as Michigan, how
much memory will it take up?  I don't know if you can
answer this but I may have to reword my question?  Let
me know if you can help.

I have an old machine with not much guts and can use
PM now, but since the Tiger maps are updated and maybe
more useful than PM and at less cost to us, it is more
attractive.

The computer is an old AMD K6 processer with 128mb ram
memory.  I want to upgrade but thats next year.  The
hard drive has 2 gig left for storing data.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Chris