[aprssig] TNC vs AGWPE -- wiki notes

Chris Howard w0ep at frii.com
Tue Apr 18 12:37:55 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 10:21, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> I attempted to put some stuff on it a week or so ago and got so
> frustrated with the HORRIBLE user interface that I finally gave up. It
> refused to accept my attempt to sign up and kept trying to refer me to a
> FAQ on user names that is inaccessible until you are already signed up.

Well, your input would be very helpful if the frustrations
could be overcome.

I think wikiwords generally have to be one word (no spaces)
and usually they have embedded uppercase letters.  So my
wikiname on there is ChrisW0EP or something like that.
First and last, ie SteveSmith  would be a good choice too.

When you make a link to another wiki page it looks like this:

[[WikiWordTitleForOtherPage  People Title for Other Page]]
and will show up as a hypertext link: People Title for Other Page

The new page doesn't have to exist yet.  When people
try to access it they will get the page editing dialog and
can start with a blank slate.

There is kind of a learning curve to it.  But as usual if
that can be overcome it is a cool tool.

Chris