[aprssig] Delorme LT-20 - Cart bought before the Horse

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 13 12:10:51 EDT 2006

UI-view can connect to a GPS on any COM Port below COM9. Since NMEA
output is simple ASCII messages, I'd guess your USB GPS receiver creates
a COM Port when you plug it into the computer and the driver gets loaded
[we're talking Windows here?] You can look up in the device manager -
right click My Computer and select Manage/Device Manager - and look for
a COM Port that is only there when the GPS receiver is plugged in. Aim
UI-view, or whatever, at that COM Port.

	Chris - AE6VK