[aprssig] Now this is an interesting use for APRS

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 21:13:45 EDT 2006

On this product the code changes according to a preset schedule.  I guess if
you constantly monitored the system, and the user accessed it frequently and
didn't change the parameters for the code, then you could figure it out.

We use codes to access our Kantronics KPC3+ TNCs that we use for digipeaters
so that we can make changes

On 4/12/06, A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) < farmer.aj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/12/06, John Habbinga < kc5zrq at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I downloaded the program and looked it over.  There are plenty of uses
> for
> > the software that would be perfectly legal for use on the U.S. amateur
> radio
> > bands.  The security code is not encrypted.
>
> So how do you keep other people on APRS from controlling your stuff, I
> wonder?

John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas
http://find-you.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=KC5ZRQ*