[aprssig] Now this is an interesting use for APRS

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 20:39:16 EDT 2006

I was just about to add that APRS is not necessarily restricted to the ham
bands.  Some of what is described would be legal for use in the ham bands.
It would be the responsibility of the operator to be compliant with Part 97
regulations.

I'm wondering if his use of the term APRS to sell the product infringes on
any trademarks.

On 4/12/06, John Becker <w0jab at big-river.net> wrote:

> I did take a real fast look at the site and it looks
> like it is all TCP/IP not over the air.
>

> >My first impression is "no".  A couple of points:
> >
> >The website promotes monitoring and controlling devices "at your
> >business" via APRS.  An obvious FCC rule violation.

John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas
http://find-you.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=KC5ZRQ*