[aprssig] Bad path for a plane

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Tue Apr 11 10:22:13 EDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Ron Stordahl wrote:

> Because the KPC3's only provide 4 slots for UID's, and the UIDIGI-ROM
> provides 8 (which is somewhat better), there are still all kinds of
> paths which I could enumerate here which break the limitations.
> Hopefully those who want to break the rules are not clever enough to
> realize what they are!
>
> Ron, N5IN

  Howdy Ron: From what I can tell from my end here in the panhandle of FL,
even though someone may have a something like WIDE3-3,Wide2-1 etc I'm
trapping him after the wide3-3 so it goes no further past me. Now I'm not
saying some other digi might hear him at the same time somewhere else but
it does trap.

   I have several users west of me (i've written them email to explain
about paths which has done no good) who hit my western  digi and are
trapped by that digi... so the next one east here in town dosen't see the
rest of the abusive packet.  I had one try to come through that was a
relay,wide3-3,wide3-3,trace7-7! I won't say who he is but I have tried to
email him on many occasions to educate him on the new paradigm to no
avail. Some folks dont read this sig and have some of the the old
publications out there with the incorect paths...

--
...DOUG
KD4MOJ