[aprssig] UI-DIGI dupe

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Sat Apr 8 14:35:40 EDT 2006

On 7 Apr 2006, at 22:41, Robert Bruninga wrote:

>> my position packet had been rebroadcast 4 times.
>> This shouldn't have  happened ...
> EI7IG-9 to UR1UQW via WIDE1-1 WIDE2-1
> EI7IG-9 to UR1UQW via EI3RCW-4* WIDE2-1
> EI7IG-9 to UR1UQW via EI3RCW-4* EI2MLD* WIDE2
> EI7IG-9 to UR1UQW via EI2TTD* WIDE2-1
> EI7IG-9 to UR1UQW via EI2TTD* EI2MLD* WIDE2
>
> The EI2MLD appears to be not properly doing
> dupe elimination on the WIDE1-1.
I got the configuration file of EI2MLD just now,

[snip]
UIDigiCall             =       WIDE1-1, WIDE7-7, WIDE6-6, WIDE5-5,
WIDE4-1, WIDE5-2, WIDE6-3, WIDE7-4

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
//----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
// UI Flood Call (up to 6 characters)
// Default (WIDE)
// UIFlood [call]

UIFloodCall            =       SE

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
//----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
// UI Trace Call (up to 6 characters)
// Default (TRACE)
// UITrace [call]

UITraceCall            =       WIDE

// Duplicate Packet Suppression Interval second (default 28)
// range 0-180 seconds
// UICheck [n]

DuplicateSuppression   =       28
[snip]

So I'm not sure why it shouldn't have caught the dupe, unless of
course as Scott pointed out, that the last character of the packet
had changed (going through javAPRSSrvr) for some reason. Its not been
rebooted or anything and it seems to be performing dupe suppression
fine at the moment

Regards
John

--