[aprssig] UI-DIGI dupe

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Fri Apr 7 18:27:17 EDT 2006

Not positive that this thread is about the UIDIGI firmware (which I call
UIDIGI-ROM to avoid confusion with the term UIDIGI which is used in such
devices as the KPC3+ etc), but if it is, then I have just verified that
a UIDIGI-ROM firmware equiped TNC2 (for example MFJ1270B/C) configured
per http://dxspots.com/FIX14439_UIDIGI-ROM.zip properly does duplicate
suppression based upon the setting "DuplicateSuppression = 30", which is
the value stated in my example configurations.  My testing was done with
paths of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1; WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2; and WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3.  The
path actually has nothing to do with the DuplicateSuppression of
course.  Identical packets sent within a 30 second period were ignored.

Ron Stordahl, N5IN