[aprssig] Re: [ui-view] (fwd) Poll results for ui-view

Stan Horzepa stanzepa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 4 22:17:44 EDT 2006

I moderate APRSSIG subscription requests, as well as APRSSPEC, APRSSAT, and
HTAPRS subscription requests.

When a request comes in, I immediately e-mail the subscriber back to confirm
his name and call sign (if any).

When the subscriber confirms, I approve the subscription. If the subscriber
does not confirm, I do not approve the subscription.

I have been doing this for years to prevent spammers from becoming
subscribers and I think it has worked pretty well.

If this is too burdensome a procedure for some people, then let them eat
cake.

Go Sox and 73,

Stan, WA1LOU