[aprssig] APRS Wiki

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Sat Apr 1 12:11:30 EST 2006

I tried to register so I could participate in the new APRS WIKI
http://info.aprs.net but it rejected my proposed signon name "Ron_N5IN"
which I have been using most everywhere ham radio related.  It said it
was not in WIKI format.  OK, but when I clicked on the error message
link which was I believe supposed to take to me to help in properly
formatting my WikiName it was blocked because I was not signed on.  A
Catch 22!  So I googled and found that an underscore is not allowed.
What it did accept was "RonN5IN"

So if this trips you up you may want to consider using
"FirstNameCallSign".  That should work.

This new APRS resource has great potential!

RonN5IN (my new wiki name).