[aprssig] Re: [Xastir] Investigation into TELEM packets (XASTIR)

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Sep 29 17:30:57 EDT 2005

Think I found it

aprsd was running as a daemon on the server box, with the same callsign as XASTIR.

Same experiment, and the packet passed to APRS IS and showed up on the stream

So XASTIR would have been fighting against aprsd for the connection ??

Or dupe checking kicked in.

Trap for young players huh

On Friday 30 September 2005 05:35, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Andrew Rich wrote:
>
> > I did another packet sniff using ethereal and captured just these two packets going from my PC
> > One from XASTIR as the transport and the other by hand from a telnet.
> >
> > XASTIR sends to APRS IS (does not work) PCSAT2>BEACON,SGATE,WIDE,VK4TEC-10*,I:T#918,142,144,002,095,073,11111111,0001,1
> > When you send by hand (works) PCSAT2>BEACON,SGATE,WIDE:T#918,142,144,002,095,073,11111111,0001,1
>
> Xastir is adding injection ID to the end of the header, as it is
> supposed to:  ",VK4TEC-10*,I"
>
> I don't know why the other end isn't accepting it.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
Satellite Ground Station for PCSAT2
www.tech-software.net
vk4tec at tech-software.net