[aprssig] Xastir?

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Thu Sep 29 08:36:28 EDT 2005

Did you try http://www.lintronix.com/winxastir/netinstall.html ?  works
great for windows installations... on a broad band connection it will
take about 30 minutes.... of course this method will install cygwin
linux emulator, all the necessary libraries and xastir itself.  It does
not install shapelib support though.

Out of the box, xastir will support all DOS and winaprs maps, and JPG
images with a corresponding GEO file, and of course topo/photo maps from
terraserver and tiger maps (for those in the USA).

Learning curve is a little steep... but I've never looked back.  Well, I
did look back at winaprs recently, and I was back on xastir in short order.

Wes