[aprssig] APRS help

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Sep 27 14:03:29 EDT 2005

Ray wrote on Sept 27 2005

> I believe you should change your path to WIDE2-1

That would only give Rahn a "one hop" path through a WIDEn-n digi. It would
be better than the "no hop" path he was previously using if there weren't
any "old style" RELAY digis around him. For most mobiles in North America,
the recommended path is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1. Most home stations should use
WIDE2-2 for a two hop path or WIDE2-1 if they only need one hop. For a home
station on the fringe areas where there was one and only one digi that could
possibly hear them, they could even specify the exact callsign or alias of
that digipeater.

By the way Rahn - TRACE and TRACEn-n are obsolete also.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH