[aprssig] Help removing a nasty file

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Mon Sep 26 01:07:02 EDT 2005

Andrew Rich wrote:
> Come on mate, if I read the manual I would be professional.
>
> In keeping with my fore fathers, in the spirit of amateur radio I took plan B
>
> Take a stab in the dark

The '--' string tells the argument parser (getopt(3)) that there are no more
flag arguments and that everything else is literally an argument.  This
convention is enforced by getopt(3).  Argument parsers written before the
existence of getopt(3) may or may not support this convention.

For filenames, it is really best to always use the ./ prefix, or whatever other
directory make sense.  This will always work, regardless of a programs command
line handling.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW