[aprssig] Group Tracker Build Projects ?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 23 08:21:18 EDT 2005

>>> jdw at eng.uah.edu 09/22/05 9:13 PM >>>
>> I discovered a neat way to use your car D700 as
>> a digi for your pocket tracker without QRM.
>> [by putting .99 in CALL channel and scanning
>> with 144.39]
>
>Why not just put the digi side on .99 RX/.39 TX,
>put the other side  on .39 RX, and set the DCD
>sense to "both" ?

Yes, that also avoids the QRM problem but prevents
the D700 user from seeing anything else at the
event.  My idea was that if the scanning of .99
on the CALL channel worked well enought, then
ALL of the D700's at an event could set it up
that way, and that way, low-powered pocket
trackers would be supported..

Again, it might be a stretch, but was just looking
for ways to use the CALL channel scan..
-Jason
kg4wsv